Friday, July 29, 2011

Where to Practice and What to Use

I have been thinking a lot about where to practice and what are the techniques that I will do. While I would like to eventually go back to Utah, I know that I don't want to go there right away. I have multiple options available to me.
  • I could stay here and work with Matt Alexander
  • I could go to Reno, NV and work with Steve Perry
  • I could go to Yuba City and work with Dr. Ellison
  • I could go back to Utah and work with Dr. Free or Dr. Hanson
  • I could go to Arizona and work with someone there
  • I could go to some random location just because we want to
Also I have been thinking that I want to work with geriatrics. With that in mind I have been needing to find techniques that are no force or low force so that I don't hurt my patients. At first I fell in love with CBP because it deals with posture. Right now I am learning droptable, activator and SOT (Sacro-Occipital Technique). I am also wanting to learn AMIT (Advanced Muscle Integration Technique) as that will reactivate muscles after they have been through an injury. It seems like I have my techniques that I would be able to use for people.

Here is my sample plan for my patients:
  1. Start with AMIT because it's no force, no x-ray needed and it will change the neurology of the muscles so that they will hold the adjustments easier.
  2. Next I would use SOT because it is also no force, no x-ray needed and is still a chiropractic adjustment.
  3. Then I would use Activator as it's a low force, may or may not need x-ray.
  4. If that doesn't help, then I will use droptable mixed with CBP to get the structural adjustment that is needed.
I feel with these techniques I would be able to help out someone without hurting them needlessly. We'll see what happens, but I am happy with this so far.

2 comments:

  1. Are any of these the technique that was used on me at Kimmy's birthday?? That seems like a good, no force technique, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan. I like the zero to low force. Do you have Mom in mind?

    ReplyDelete