Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Three: Class Notes

Grad school is a little different when it comes to text books. The teachers will print out the required texts, but then the first day will tell you that you should just check it out in the library and to buy the class notes that the teacher created. I loved this as it would fundamentally be cheaper and I would only have to learn what I would need to pass the class.

This week two seniors came in and gave us a sale's pitch that at first I didn't even bother to listen to... till I saw their product. One of their classmates had rewritten and created her own notes of every single class starting from day one till the end. They were typed with pictures and diagrams. This was the real deal. I couldn't believe how much effort went into this thing. This would equate to about $500 worth of notes we would have to buy anyway from the bookstore. They were willing to give it to us for $10 on a DVD. It has about 1gb of info on it.

The thing that sold me was not the price or even the massive amount of valuable information that was to be found within it, but what the bookstore said about it. The school likes it so much that they are going to sell it for a lot more in the bookstore instead of having the class notes from the teachers themselves. Yeah, that was a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment