Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week Three: Taste of Politics

On Jan 23rd there was supposed to be a pediatric seminar setup as a fund raiser for an abroad program to Ghana. Everything was going smoothly till Dr. Patti Gonzalez realized that she needed to reserve a room at the school. She did that two days before the seminar was to happen and it was then that I saw the wicked face of politics. Because it was meant for a fund raiser for a study abroad, there could be no advertisements, meetings or seminars on the campus. I don't know why they have this rule, but I am sure that there was a reason to implement it. You could tell though that she was upset with the decision.

Another thing that has been bothering me was with the health clinic. They had mentioned to us that we would be able to be adjusted from day one, yet I still haven't been adjusted. Monica had to go through a huge ordeal to get adjusted. Something just doesn't feel right with that. When I was in my meeting with student council there were a lot of issues that students had with the health clinic. I wonder what's the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment