Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week Three: Loss of a Classmate

Courtney is a classmate of ours that sadly is no longer with us. No she didn't die, but she did have to postpone her education as a chiropractor in training. Unfortunately she never took anatomy and she was able to finish her undergrad with quick classes. In class she was lost and even the reviews were new information to her. I am glad and sad that she has had decided to go back to undergrad, but worry that she won't come back.

We all wish her luck. Grad school isn't easy. It does remind me of a quote my dad always told me, "the things we persist in doing become easier to do, not because the nature of the thing has changed, but our ability has increased." There is a reason you have to take those seemingly unrelated classes in school. It all comes together beautifully when you are at grad school.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, thanks for the post! I do wish I withdrew because of the difficulty of some of the classes, but unfortunately I had to leave because of something even more difficult if you can imagine! I miss being there and learning with such passionate people. Hopefully I can return soon.

    -C

    ReplyDelete