Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Three: Patient Exams (Physicals)

We finally got a physical to start getting adjusted here at school. It took about two to three hours to answer all the questions and to go through all the tests. Some might see that and think that is a long time for an exam, but I didn't. The reason being is because I truly felt that my intern really took the time necessary to make sure that my body is working.

It made me start to ask the question of, why do you get a physical? I feel that you get one to make sure that overall you are ok. It's not specific to any one thing, but detailed throughout your body. Maybe I didn't know that there was something wrong with me. I would hope that the doctor would be able to find that out for me. Having the stark contrast of having a quick physical versus a longer one helped me realize that while it takes more time, I felt assured that my intern now knew just about everything that could have been wrong with me at that moment in time.

Monica even got her exam done and she has had tons of physicals done for her running that she did for UVU. She noticed right away that this was more in depth and was shocked that in order to get that treatment she had to go to a beginning student. I hope that I'll make sure that I take the time needed to ensure that my patients feel that I cared for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment