Monday, January 25, 2010

Week Three: My First Chiropractic Seminar (Pediatrics)

Because of the politics that were involved with the school, there was a lot of confusion with this seminar. I wasn't even thinking about pediatrics until I saw an ad for the club. It all of a sudden hit home since my first little girl is on her way. They moved the seminar to an office of one of my teachers named Dr. Patti Gonzalez. She is a very sweet and tender person who is also a doula (a coach for pregnant couples).

The office was just two rooms, an office and a room in the back with a table for adjusting. It was cozy and had a very nice feel to it. There were only about 7 people there and Monica was the only one that was pregnant. That was great for us because she has been having lower back issues and now they would be able to help her feel better.

They talked about a lot of things that went over my head because I am just starting out, however I did learn a lot. They went over how to assess an infant or child for subluxations, how to adjust an infant and a child, acupressure points for mothers and craniosacral therapy. A few of the other things that we learned was how to stop hiccups and menstrual cramps.

Overall I was impressed with the presentation and was very grateful for the information. I still don't know how I'll practice, but I know that I would like to have the cozy feeling that was present there. I also know that I loved working with children as they are the ones who respond fastest to adjustments. Ear aches and chronic crying could simply be because of a subluxation. When I get my notes I'll write down some of the points and step by step procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment